• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Women: What kind of pants do you wear camping?

ashley0323

Novice Camper
I am not wanting to wear shorts because its not as hot here anymore. I would like to wear pants, of some kind, but have no idea what kind. The options would be jeans, leggings, yoga pants or joggers.. If you had to pick from those, what would you pick and why? I dont want to choose joggers or yoga pants like I am wanting, then regret it later!

missyify

Survivalist
Not jeans lol. I wear calf boots, Merrells. Sorry I only own one pair of (purposely) torn jeans and I hate them in general lol. I can never find ones that fit right and allow enough freedom of movement for chasing toddlers and whatever hiking or activities. The yoga pants with flares I leave at home unless I'm out of other options because those tend to drag and snag... carry dirt into the tent... Also straight leg tucks into the boots better/more comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoAnn

I am not wanting to wear shorts because its not as hot here anymore. I would like to wear pants, of some kind, but have no idea what kind. The options would be jeans, leggings, yoga pants or joggers.. If you had to pick from those, what would you pick and why? I dont want to choose joggers or yoga pants like I am wanting, then regret it later!
I personally would choose to wear jeans, especially if your actually going camping in the woods rather a backyard fun family event. Jeans will help to prevent you from getting to cold while also preventing bites from ticks, mosquito's. etc,.

Tim31556

Novice Camper
you can laugh at me if ya like but I always wear pantyhose around the woods.
there now made for men. some have a male pouch some a fly others with a choice of a open or closed sleave on them.
there very comfortable and warm and keeps the insects off of you.

killeroy154

Survivalist
I work with someone who claims that it keeps deer ticks from climbing up his legs when he hunts up north.

Welcome Tim31556.

Also my wife tells me that I need to wear panty hose because standing at my job is contributing to vericouse veins.

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
When we go on a family camping, the women always wear thick pants. Denims is the best but those who are uncomfortable with denims can wear loose slacks. The woods is rife with enemies of the skin like insects, plants that can cause skin rashes and some small animals like snake. It is good to be wearing something that will shield your lower limbs from possible dangers. For those who love fashion, I'm sorry but fashion is not needed in camping places because the rugged you are, the better.

Jasmin Cottontail

Novice Camper
Went we went camping back when I was in secondary school, I usually wear shorts or leggings as I find them both comfortable. Depending on the activity that we will be doing. I don't feel wearing jeans during camping because I don't feel comfortable wearing one. Not unless we're about to go home :) I also like wearing pajamas or loose leggings because it's very light and I feel easy :)

katskamper

Novice Camper
cotton woven does not pick up stickers or burrs like knits do. i have long mens Pj pants for summer wear, baggy jeans for fall. i camp in texas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

campforums

Founder
Staff member
I like to wear a pair of sweat or track pants in the evenings or if I'm going on a hike in a buggy area but the rest of the time I'm in shorts!

katskamper

Novice Camper
cotton "scrubs", loose seersucker. knit pants catch every sticker, burr possible, snag easy. i wear thicker jeans during setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk