• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Zote Soap

kevinkimers

Novice Camper
Here is one essential thing I always take camping with me Zote Soap. I know it sounds strange, but this little bar of soap (for only $.99 a bar) has multiple uses when you are camping. You can clean your dishes with it as well as your clothes. Even stranger is that it is gentle enough for you to bathe with it. I've even heard some people say they caught cat fish with it.

Made primarily of natural ingredients, this is my favorite soap. You can even make it yourself, it uses so few ingredients. This is all it contains:
  • Sodium tallowate (beef tallow)
  • Sodium Cocoate (coconut oil)
  • Fragrance (citronella oil)
  • Optical Brighteners
  • Dye (Pink and Blue Bars only)
I love this stuff and keep it in stock. If you boil it, you create a liquid version.... or you can cut it up to make slivers or flakes out of it. Use it for hand washing or in your laundry machine (I just throw the whole bar in and grab it back out before it rinses). The best part... this stuff smells SO good.

Anyone else ever use it?

jc banks

Novice Camper
Here is one essential thing I always take camping with me Zote Soap. I know it sounds strange, but this little bar of soap (for only $.99 a bar) has multiple uses when you are camping. You can clean your dishes with it as well as your clothes. Even stranger is that it is gentle enough for you to bathe with it. I've even heard some people say they caught cat fish with it.

Made primarily of natural ingredients, this is my favorite soap. You can even make it yourself, it uses so few ingredients. This is all it contains:
  • Sodium tallowate (beef tallow)
  • Sodium Cocoate (coconut oil)
  • Fragrance (citronella oil)
  • Optical Brighteners
  • Dye (Pink and Blue Bars only)
I love this stuff and keep it in stock. If you boil it, you create a liquid version.... or you can cut it up to make slivers or flakes out of it. Use it for hand washing or in your laundry machine (I just throw the whole bar in and grab it back out before it rinses). The best part... this stuff smells SO good.

Anyone else ever use it?
I never heard of it before and I camp a lot will have to check into it, sounds like a great thing to have while camping, no hauling the wipes and dawn around. We take enough with us as it is. But we camp we don’t rv or do cabins we camp in tents or under the stars. So less is better and easier to pack in.

ashley0323

Novice Camper
I couldnt agree with this more!! I always have a bar of zote soap when I am camping. Heck, If I take my kids to the park or out to eat, I have a bar of zote out in the car!! Zote will literally get any stain out and have the item looking brand new. Its an essential in our house, that includes 3 toddlers.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
I can't say I am familiar with what exactly Zote soap is, is it just a brand? Is there something special about it I should know?