• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping Nude

lococouple

Novice Camper
My wife and I recently tried camping naked at a resort. We enjoyed it and wondered how many other nudist campers are out there or anyone have questions about it?

campforums

Founder
Staff member
It is not something that I have ever done but I am glad you two enjoyed yourselves. By the way, your username correlates very well with your first post haha :thumbsup:

Was this resort specifically for nude camping?

saint_518

Novice Camper
I have slept through the night naked a few times after a swim. Never a full nude camp trip. Not sure if i could do it. I sunburn pretty easy and there is a few places on my body i really dont want to get burnt at.

lococouple

Novice Camper
Yes and if you go swimming you will not tan those other parts. Though there are others , when you look into the eyes of your lover and it becomes a romantic adventure knowing that in each others eyes you both are a beautiful couple.

L_B

Explorer
I have been nude camping but not at a nude campground..lol It does sound interesting though. I not sure there would be nudist camping around where I live though.

campforums

Founder
Staff member
I have been nude camping but not at a nude campground..lol It does sound interesting though. I not sure there would be nudist camping around where I live though.
I know there is a nude beach on the Toronto island lol, one of the only "official" ones in Canada :oops:

actadh

Explorer
Good question! Camping is not something I would equate with an activity to do without clothes - mosquitoes and campfire sparks would not be much fun.

However, I would not be averse to nude camping by myself or with my spouse. I would not be interested in nude camping with others around, even in a nude campground where that would be the norm. But, I would rather not be around other people even when I have my clothes on :)

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
A little bit of skinny dipping and maybe a tad of sun bathing. But I tell ya some-thin - the mosquitoes were out in full force these last 16 days and it was cold and wet. Truthfully - I wouldn't know where to hang my hunting/survival knife and carry all the stuff I usually take with me. :)

mett1982

Novice Camper
I never heard of a nude camping resort. Sounds fun but I don't know if I would try it. Just thinking about the dirt and bug kind of skeeves me out. Do you guys actually camp out in tents or is it more like a cabin type resort? Are you sleeping on the ground and everything? Maybe if it was more like sleeping in cabins and not in tents, I would consider camping in the nude. Too each their own though. I don't judge you for trying and as long as you had fun, I am happy for you!

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Yep...there are nude camps. Not for me...but then everyone has choice.

For me camping is synonymous with tent structures as all my threads testify. :)

The other reality is that I'm into canoe/camping - mighty hard to trek in a cabin [though there are cabin tents].

HikingHans

Novice Camper
Honestly, I can't say I've ever really done it, beyond "skinny dipping" at remote swimming holes on blisteringly hot days in my youth. That said, I am a very open minded person and have to say I'm a bit intrigued by the notion. There are some very real things that would make nude camping or hiking unpleasant, to be sure, however, I could see how it might be liberating too. I'm not a Naturist myself, but I've known at least two people who were (Naturismus, as it is said in German) and they were lovely, grounded people.

Anyway, interesting thread. :)

killeroy154

Survivalist
Wow I was gone for a couple of days and everyone talking about nude camping. I have never done it, but if I ever do y'all will know... it'll be the first Bigfoot sighting in years.

Camp6

Novice Camper
I have never tried nude camping since most times I usually camp with my kids and other family members. I have never camped while with my wife. Maybe after trying then I will come back and talk about the experience. It can be a great experience if you are used to. It will also force you to select a private camping site away from other campers.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYjsdLUGYEgquMQxHzB74Jz9R3q1TmuUMQLYNvDAPqch_nLokZ.jpg

It all depends on your prospective...
Just the same...one does what one should do

for one's self.
I've never seen a serious camper nude - they have better things to do. :)

rz3300

Explorer
To each their own is the first thing that really came to mind here, but I can think of a couple of people I know that might enjoy this a little more. It might take a little more of a free spirit type person, which is not really me.

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
To each their own is the first thing that really came to mind here, but I can think of a couple of people I know that might enjoy this a little more. It might take a little more of a free spirit type person, which is not really me.
Yes, to each their own. If they enjoy, more power to them. I'm a little more conservative (Central Pains raised accounts for much of that.) I use a swimming suit with a t-shirt, that's how modest I am. Or......OR, maybe I'm getting to heavy to show off my six pack.....located under my keg! But I'll say this, a keg holds more than a six pack! Baaaahaaaaa!
f8ba3fcec4f8bfd4f8ccfd719b4f4804.jpg

Bibsoutdoors