• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Greetings from the Delaware River Basin!

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
Delaware River Basin - 1.jpg

The place where I live, work, and play. My region is not as cold as Wisconsin, plus we're only teased by an occasional smidgen of snow. The snow, which is dreaded by most people here, adds a nice color to contrast the winter grey and browns.

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
Lol, I'm not sure about the staff but I can tell you this, I spent 5 hours raking part of the lawn today and I'm pretty sure my back looks like that! Open toe shoes, never a day in my life! Way to 'hippy' for me....like cool man, far out! I have to get this nonsense out tonight because I'll probably be too sore to type tomorrow! Lol. No blisters, I don't know how that happened. I guess I'll have to go back out tomorrow and try again for a set of blisters.

Bibsoutdoors
WOW! You truly LOVE the outdoors! You even work out there too :) Same here with the shoes. Wearing Crocks pushes the extreme limit for me. 5 hours of raking? That's about 15 hours in hike time. Right? Plus no blisters?! I wouldn't want to get slapped open handed by you. Probably would hurt more than a leather strap.

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
Back online now, at home (need to get rid that Tapatalk iPhone app - too much of a power draw). "booklet and sell it"? I'd say we would be a text version of those TV reality shows.
I thought I catchy name for it would help it sell. You know, something like....dictionary....yeah, that sounds impressive!

Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
WOW! You truly LOVE the outdoors! You even work out there too :) Same here with the shoes. Wearing Crocks pushes the extreme limit for me. 5 hours of raking? That's about 15 hours in hike time. Right? Plus no blisters?! I wouldn't want to get slapped open handed by you. Probably would hurt more than a leather strap.
That's the funny part, if you put my hands next to a babies bottom and blindfolded it's mother, I would win the 'which is softer contest' every time. I imagine what I did in five hours most would do in two. It's 0044 hrs and I just came in from taking Snoop out, I feel it in my shoulders. I'm getting old. Good news though, it's sleeting out, I may not have to go out again tomorrow (today), someone is looking out for me! Ha ha

Bibsoutdoors

rz3300

Explorer
Well that is one place that I have never been, one of many, but it sounds like a great area. I really do have much experience in the Northeast in general, so I know that I need to get up around there more...maybe someday.

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
Well that is one place that I have never been, one of many, but it sounds like a great area. I really do have much experience in the Northeast in general, so I know that I need to get up around there more...maybe someday.
Just give me a shout when that time comes, then I may be able to help with some places of your interest :)

Madman4800

Survivalist
Welcome FootPathOne glad to have you. This place is full of awesome people and conversation. As for the gray hair, there is not enough hair left on my head to tell.

FootPathOne

Pathfinder
Welcome FootPathOne glad to have you. This place is full of awesome people and conversation. As for the gray hair, there is not enough hair left on my head to tell.
Thank you Madman4800! You're on target. The first impression has been positive and posts are going strong. Good to know that well seasoned people like us (gray hair ones or head hair minimalists) can chew the fat (digitally speaking of course) miles away. Plus, I think most of us have no need to conquer the world anymore (but hey, a little skirmish keeps us battle ready, adding a little adventure to our daily life). Later :)

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
Thank you Madman4800! You're on target. The first impression has been positive and posts are going strong. Good to know that well seasoned people like us (gray hair ones or head hair minimalists) can chew the fat (digitally speaking of course) miles away. Plus, I think most of us have no need to conquer the world anymore (but hey, a little skirmish keeps us battle ready, adding a little adventure to our daily life). Later :)
head hair minimalists......my oh my oh my...lol

Bibsoutdoors