• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Pimp my RV

charity

Last night I was watching a show about pimped out RV's. I can't believe some of the RV's and the things people have in them. Some had master bedrooms, large eat-in kitchens. The bathrooms had full corner showers with skylights overhead. Anyone here have one of these fancy RV's or know anyone who does? I would love to have one.

Toxique

All that stuff is unneeded in a RV, bringing a master bed room or a large eat in kitchen ruins the point of camping.

TABL

Explorer
WOW! Yeah, I have seen some pretty crazy ones.
My mom has an RV with a bedroom/ kitchen/ bathroom with tub, bunk beds. It's silly when I think it's "camping". But if's great with the kids, especially if it's raining or cold! It's like a summer house :)

campforums

Founder
Staff member
You mean something like this?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/21/pimp-my-rv-luxury-camper-costs-3-million/

ACSAPA

I can see the value of having a nice RV with a kitchen and bedroom, if you're traveling with your family across the US.
It seems like you could save money on hotels/motels by having a comfortable RV to sleep in.
You could also save money on diners and road food by having a kitchen to cook in.

I disagree with spending 3 million dollars on an RV, and I wouldn't call an RV with a bedroom camping.
But for a budget conscious family that likes to travel, a comfortable RV could save you money on hotels, dinners, skipping airfare. It's a good investment for fun people that have wanderlust and want to see the country.

Esperahol

Some folks live in their RV versus just using them as a vacation vehicle so I don't begrudge them a very nice one. Why live any rougher then you have to?

ps3fanboy

dont get any ideas, dont pimp your RV. all the new electrical systems and fancy technology will just cause further problems on your camping experience.

Esperahol

ps3fanboy said:
dont get any ideas, dont pimp your RV. all the new electrical systems and fancy technology will just cause further problems on your camping experience.
How so? For someone who claims to be a major fan of the PS3 one would think you'd love to be able to play it in comfort even while out camping. Besides which enjoying nature should not come at the expense of comfort and/or safety. Sleep aphea is one condition I would think makes a well appointed RV necessary.

ACSAPA

Esperahol said:
Some folks live in their RV versus just using them as a vacation vehicle so I don't begrudge them a very nice one. Why live any rougher then you have to?
I think it's kind of cool to live in an RV if you're retired or a freelancer and don't have any obligations to be at the same office every day.

The advantage that those people have is that if they decide, "I'm sick of the cold here in Portland, I wish I could live in sunny Miami." they can just drive their freaking house away and become Miami residents. I would imagine that buying a 2 bedroom RV is probably cheaper than buying a 2 bedroom house.

I definitely understand why some people would prefer the freedom of that kind of lifestyle. They also probably don't have to deal with utility companies or a cable bill.

I just don't know if I can consider something THAT extreme camping :p More like a nice mobile home. It would be great for travel and sight-seeing, especially extended road trips, don't get me wrong! I just don't know if I could say that I was camping if I was in one of those! Haha.

BMWPOWER

Staff member
If I didn't have a house then sure, but for camping its a bit too much. Not that I wouldn't want to in one.