• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Tight or loose clothes

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Agreed - footwear is far more important than we often realize - and it all depends what you are doing. From canoeing to trail blazing proper footwear is essential.

kncollins2013

Novice Camper
I think layers are important when camping. So what I do is wear tight clothing such as tank tops or fitted t-shirts and then depending on the temperature a sweatshirt or flannel on top. In this case, you can add or remove clothing depending on your comfort. So I have to say both are necessary.

ashley0323

Novice Camper
If it is hot outside, I tend to wear lose clothes. I find that it helps circulate the air a bit and doesnt keep the hot air between my body and my clothes. If it is cooler outside, I will wear tight clothes, as it helps trap any heat my body produces and makes me less cold! lol Im not sure how great the facts are on this, maybe im crazy, but it works for me I suppose.

gracer

Explorer
I prefer to wear clothes that are just right for me. Not too tight and not too loose. Whenever we go hiking, I would usually use medium sized light colored cotton shirts and sporty tights for my pants. My shirt size is usually small but I use medium size when we hike because I want to feel more comfortable and airy when I am outdoors. The sporty tights are also comfortable for me because they allow me to move freely without any constrictions of any kind. :)

killeroy154

Survivalist
I wear shorts if the temperature and terrain allow. If I wear pants then they are loose fitting. I almost always wear cotton.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alexandoy

Pathfinder
When I was younger, I wanted tight-fitting clothes for camping because that was the fashion then and I felt comfortable. But when I was an adult, loose clothes felt better with my movement. Maybe wearing tight clothes now comes in conflict with my rusty joints.

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
Tight clothing can feel very constricting to me, but I'm the kind of person who will go barefoot as much as possible. My camping clothing usually consists of cargo shorts and a hoodie (if its cold or rainy).
I've thought about making a pair of loose fitting leather shorts for everyday wear.
Although, if I'm doing some winter camping, my first layer is tight clothing and then gets progressively baggier as I add more.
This is off the subject, but people like the blacksmith blow my mind! I have NEVER in my life gone barefoot. Not once. If I go to the lake or river for a swim I have on a pair of Keens. I have a twin sister who goes barefoot so often she can walk across glass. If I look at broken glass while barefoot my feet start to bleed! Oh how you people that can and do go barefoot blow my little mind![emoji6]
I tend to buy the cheapest socks, haha. Although I recently splurged on 2 pairs of calf-high wool socks for $20, but even those were on the cheaper end of the other winter socks the store had. I can't believe you never wear jeans, it seems that they are the go to pants for almost everyone, including me.

Bibsoutdoors

Madman4800

Survivalist
I'm a lose clothing guy unless its chilly. I will wear a tighter first layer when it is cold. I haven't gotten my layers any thicker than two. Feet and hands are most important. Keeping your feet and hands dry and warm are always at the top of my list.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
....well, everyone knows my interpretation of being tight and loose.

The reality is one should be wearing clothing that fits properly, meets the environmental/social conditions and is age appropriate. That would be my guideline.

upload_2017-3-19_15-1-20.jpeg
Looks good on him, possibly, maybe, where and when?

Jasmin Cottontail

Novice Camper
I like wearing loose clothes because I feel more comfortable with it. The only thing that I wear something tight is my skinny jeans, and bell bottoms. Aside from that, all my blouses, jackets, long sleeves and shirts are quite loose so I can move the way I want to without feeling uncomfortable :)

rz3300

Explorer
I think that I much prefer tighter clothes, especially if there is water involved. The more I think about it though, the more I think that maybe I am completely wrong, but everything inside me says the tighter the better.