• Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Wanting to be helpful...

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
I have maintained from the beginning that this is an excellent site.

When I look down the list of possibilities I don't see the word camping until the end when the heading says Other Camping. If I was looking at the site for the first time I would be looking for a heading that says camping proper. The other headings would be supportive of the main base.

I really enjoy talking about camping camping - talking about the actual activity as well as the other stuff.

I'm I being a bit of whatever...or is there merit in the question? o_O

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Hmm, I certainly see what you mean about having a place to talk about camping itself instead of the things that fall under that other sections.

My intention was that the Local Chat area was where you could talk about things that were related to a specific camp site per say and then there was the Other Camping section for general camping things that aren't big enough to warrant their own section. Maybe some rewording of the descriptions is needed, or do you think that these categories don't cover everything? I generally use the number of messages and discussions in each section as a guide to see if maybe one section is not very popular and should get merged or if people are talking a lot about one type of thing then maybe I would add a new one.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Hmm, I certainly see what you mean about having a place to talk about camping itself instead of the things that fall under that other sections.

My intention was that the Local Chat area was where you could talk about things that were related to a specific camp site per say and then there was the Other Camping section for general camping things that aren't big enough to warrant their own section. Maybe some rewording of the descriptions is needed, or do you think that these categories don't cover everything? I generally use the number of messages and discussions in each section as a guide to see if maybe one section is not very popular and should get merged or if people are talking a lot about one type of thing then maybe I would add a new one.
Ha Ha :) I know I really don't need a hook to get the attention of the Commander but I thought it might be fun and helpful. I think that it is great that you always want to improve the site and I think that the constituents have some responsibility to support you.

I believe that the categories do cover just about everything [there is always the possibility of adding new ones] - true, one has to read the descriptions to see that your topics fit into the right space. The icons are certainly clear and creative.

Going with the word descriptions would be appropriate and helpful and possibly a bit more clear for babblers like me.

Trust all is going well in your camp and that life is treating you well, and as Bill Graham use to say, "mighty good"!

Last edited:

BMWPOWER

Staff member
Well, when I see "camping chat" as the header, I would think there has to be subsections about camping or anything camping related. "other camping" would be stuff NOT listed in the topics above it. But that's just me

campforums

Founder
Staff member
Ha Ha :) I know I really don't need a hook to get the attention of the Commander but I thought it might be fun and helpful. I think that it is great that you always want to improve the site and I think that the constituents have some responsibility to support you.

I believe that the categories do cover just about everything [there is always the possibility of adding new ones] - true, one has to read the descriptions to see that your topics fit into the right space. The icons are certainly clear and creative.

Going with the word descriptions would be appropriate and helpful and possibly a bit more clear for babblers like me.

Trust all is going well in your camp and that life is treating you, and as Bill Graham use to say, "mighty good"!
Yeah I always enjoy getting feedback of all kinds and like to know that members are thinking of new ways to improve the site. I also always chuckle at the new names you always seem to come up with for different site members haha

Do you think it would be better under a different heading? General Camping, or something like that? I am not too sure.

And thanks for asking, I am doing well! Testing out the reviews system that I plan to add soon and also on the hunt for a job now that I am done school.

Northern Dancer

Survivalist
Yeah I always enjoy getting feedback of all kinds and like to know that members are thinking of new ways to improve the site. I also always chuckle at the new names you always seem to come up with for different site members haha

Do you think it would be better under a different heading? General Camping, or something like that? I am not too sure.

And thanks for asking, I am doing well! Testing out the reviews system that I plan to add soon and also on the hunt for a job now that I am done school.
-
...GLAD YOU ARE "DOIN" GREAT.
The job will come - the challenge is to keep focused and not get discouraged.

I think that's it - General Camping - I like the word camping in the heading. Just a suggestion.

Bibsoutdoors

Survivalist
It's amazing I didn't write some kind of 40 minute dissertation before I realized just how old it was...winning, it's getting harder and harder to do!